Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla and Hershey Kit Kat

I didn't think that this was a very good combination because it seems like the Kit Kat's taste was washed out by the vanilla ice cream. Certainly the consistency of the ice cream changed - it became crunchy - but its like the combination just plain sounds fantastic but the actual combination just sort of fell flat on its face. Perhaps I should have used more Kit Kat? Here's what I used:
  • 2 Scoops Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
  • 2 Kit Kat Individual bars (half of a standard package)
Here's what I did:
  • Using a cutting board, I cut the Kit Kat bars into little pieces using a butter knife (a particularly sharp knife was not needed)
  • Mixed up the scoops of ice cream with the pieces of Kit Kat ala Marble Slab Creamery
  • Placed above combination in a flat-bottomed wafer cone.
The whole thing didn't strike me as being particularly better than the vanilla ice cream or Kit Kat each alone so I guess that's the indicator that it didn't work out.

No comments: